Hungry for some people old-school shooter action? You then need to keep your talent on Overload, the revolutionary Kickstarter-funded game with the original creators of your classic Descent series. A lot like Descent, Overload puts you answerable for a spacecraft with a full six examples of control (up/down, left-right, forward/backward) and tasks you with navigating many tight, enemy-filled tunnels. The overall game looks intense, and also a bit maddening, but that’s what precisely Descent fans like. Look into the game’s launch trailer, below.
Don’t worry though, Overload aren’t going to be too old-school. Developer Revival Productions is promising a range of new, modern features:
Descent, manufactured by Parallax Software and published by Interplay in 1995, received critical popularity of its 3D six-degree-of-freedom gameplay that combined good space flight simulation with FPS experience. Overload provides a Descent-like variety of play, but brings the labyrinthine environments to new and vibrant life with updated features, deeper gameplay, and dramatically enhanced graphics.
- 15 level single-player campaign plus secret levels
- Numerous level challenges including lava, forcefields, lockdowns, ambushes and secret rooms
- 20 terrifying robot enemies, plus Super-Robots and Variants and three bosses
- Multiplayer with private and public matches
- Challenge mode (with two variants) and 12 Challenge Mode levels Story because of the writer of FreeSpace 2 with fully-voiced audio (English Only)
- Adrenaline-pumping soundtrack
- Optional training level for refining your piloting skills
- Achievements and Leaderboards
- Upgrades and XP system and advanced player stats
- Automap and Holo-guide for navigation assistance
- Save anywhere
- Six difficulty levels between a casual challenge to very punishing
- Support for mouse, keyboard, gamepad and/or joystick controls
- Surround sound audio options
- Virtual reality support for Oculus and Vive
Overload have been entirely on Steam noisy . Access form for a while (where it’s accumulated a “Very Positive” user score), even so it will get a full release the following.
Overload takes flight on PC, Mac, and Linux on May 31. Console versions might be coming to Xbox One and PS3 sometime this fall.